Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sun,Surf and friends...

It's good to be home. We just got back from a great vacation in Oregon with Aunt Jan and Uncle Mike and there really fun Canadian friends.
The vacation was wonderful. 6 days and 7 nights of listening to the ocean ( well the first night Aunt Jan had us stay at a truck rest stop so that was listening to the sound of big trucks running all night) We shopped in Cannon Beach, watched the surfers at Oswald State park, rode bikes in to Manzanita and had ice cream, and flew kites and played in the sand at Nehlium (?) Bay. Gage bought a skim board and had fun trying to master that and also cooked some really good clams for everyone (except me, YUK) on the bbq. Caylie meet a new friend named Buster ( a basset hound) and cried when we had to leave him. The only thing missing from are vacation was Andy, he went on his own trip to Regionals with his baseball team.
After returning home Gage and Caylie headed to the cabin with my parents and me and Duane were off to his 20 year class reunion. It was nice for him to get to connect with friends he hadn't seen in a looong time and I got to hear some good stories. Thank goodness the kids weren't there to hear how wild there father was.
There's a little update and a glimpse into my world. With all the pictures I took I'll be scrappin' away, I'm glad the store has lots of new items for me to play with. Hope to see all of you there.

4 comments:

TAMI said...

HOORAY- YOU BLOGGED.... NO MORE WHERE'S CORI! SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAS A BLAST, i WOULD LOVE TO GO TO THE OCEAN AGAIN!

Aunt Jan said...

I love your blog page.. I finally made it.. Love your story about our vacation!! Hey, you should have brought ear plugs like me.. lol! We'll let you and Duane pick the rest stop next time.. ok? Hey everybody I tried to give Cori and Duane alone time..(taking Caylie and Gage..) but, they each did their own thing... bet you can guess what Cori was doing?? Yes, working on her recipe cards... Did she mention her blind Aunt taking family picture's..??? I use to be good.. tell I turned 40!! I get worse as I get closer to 50! talk later Cori.. I love you (WE had a great time, didn't we Cori?)

TAMI said...

CORI..... YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!! READ MY BLOG AND SEE WHAT THAT MEANS..... HEE HEE!!

Mark said...

I'm so glad you had a fun time on your vacation! See you soon!
Erin.